Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Haute little cakes

My current obsession with anything strawberry flavoured is greatly encouraged by the wonderful fruit we are getting from Queensland. There is something about winter strawberries that arrive from the Sunshine State that outshine even the ripest berries of summer. It is a phenomenon I have yet to explore.

To capture the essence of this season's strawberries, I created the following:

Dark chocolate cake with strawberry buttercream adorned with ripe ruby-red strawberries and Lindt chocolate shard

What follows may seem the obligatory chocolate number one must include in any cupcake set -- it is my personal favourite, and I would gladly oblige to eat one, anytime. The simple garnish makes it look like a spray of twinkling stars in a clear night's sky.

Moist chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting and silver dragees


And finally, a set of vanilla butter cakes decorated with fondant icing with elegant antique detail and icing flowers. Perfectly girly!

3 comments:

Pea and Pear said...

oh wow, those vanilla cupcakes are exquisite. They would be perfect for a wedding. Everything looks so special. Ali :)

Li said...

hey Ali,
thanks :) I am definately having fun exploring my girly side.
the chocolate cupcakes are still my favourite to eat -- although not a personal fan of rolled fondant, i am appreciating its applications!
thanks for dropping by!

ps whereabouts are you?

Pea and Pear said...

Hi Li,
I don't love eating fondant either but it sure does look pretty ....

www.peaandpear.com
Sydney , Australia