Friday, December 5, 2008

Buche de Noel - The Yuletide Log


This year I decided to make a slight departure from my usual traditional Christmas offerings of fruitcake and plum pudding simply because I want to try lighter dessert alternatives that are more suited to our Australian summertime Christmas. Of course, by lighter I don't mean that they are fewer in calories but simply lighter and more welcoming to the palate on a hot summer's day or on a balmy evening.

So here it is, my first offering to you:


Moist chocolate sponge, white chocolate and praline mousse and whipped dark chocolate ganache

The log is also available in 2 other flavours to suit the colours of your table setting. For a more elegant and sophisticated look, try the blackforest log (chocolate sponge, vanilla cream, brandied cherries). And for those who enjoy chocolate a little less and is after something for a casual lunch, there is the white summery lemon-berry log (vanilla sponge, lemon cream with crushed berries n whipped white chocolate ganache).

I am currently accepting orders for cakes and other treats. Please feel free to email me at: thehautefoodco@gmail.com if you require more information on any of the items featured on this website.

No comments: